29th December 2016
As 2016 closes out in a couple of days we have looked back on what we think have been the family travel highlights for us during the year.
We realized a dream and three years planning to travel as a family over an extended period of time. Did we achieve our objectives? The answer is yes and then some but like anything the experience of hindsight would mean next time we do a few things a little differently (but not much)
So after great debate and discussions we have come up with our top 10 family travel experiences during 2016 (in no particular order)
– The climbing and summitting of Mount Kinabalu in Borneo
– Sandboarding the sand dunes of Namibia
– The Breakfast buffet at LUX* Belle Mare in Mauritius
– Camping in the Okavango Delta in Botswana
– Walking on the Jinshaling portion of the Great Wall in China
– Visiting Legoland in Malaysia during Star Wars month (May the 4th be with you)
– Experiencing African wildlife in their natural settings (and Panda’s in Chengdu)
– Reconnecting with friends and ex-colleagues in Asia and Africa after lengthy absences
– Our Weekend at Bloubank Game Park in Limpopo province, South Africa – Cheers Doc & Ada.
– The Namibian Desert sunsets and beers around the campfire
This year will live on in our memories for some time to come but we won’t be looking back as we have plans to keep adding to the experiences.
In the meantime we will drink a toast to 2016 for being a kind friend to us and look forward to welcoming 2017.
Happy New Year!